Thursday, February 16, 2012

unwrapping a Crane.

I have done a crane, and it is quite complicated to unwrap, because it has nearly 25 seperate parts. Its taking time for me. I am really confused how big should the UV map resolution should be. I have planned to go for 2048 X 2048 ,since its going to be very big, but few of my friends suggested 1K will be enough. Anyway, Now I have planned to go for 8k and will texture it in 8K then I will gradually decrease to 2K or 1K which ever satisfies my need. I may add this to my port folio if this is gonna come well with all maps.



This is the crane I am unwrapping. This has many complicated parts and I am feeling hard to compress all the part in one single UV layout. But this is really a challenging task for me. I may learn some thing from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment